A flood of migrants, including refugees from Syria and Afghanistan, were stranded in Budapest after the Hungarian government closed down the city's main train terminal.Authorities had been allowing migrants to travel to Western Europe without checking passports, but on Tuesday, the station was closed and migrants began protesting.The BBC reports:"About 1,000 migrants congregated outside Keleti station, in the east of the city, as it was evacuated on Tuesday. It was closed briefly and public...
Hurricane Rita came ashore just three weeks after Hurricane Katrina, killing seven people directly and over a hundred more in the evacuation and in the storm's aftermath.Ten years later, many residents of southwest Louisiana are feeling forgotten as the international media spotlight stays focused on New Orleans.
- The Reading Life With Greg Herren, Megan Holt And Fat Books
- Panola College in Carthage, Texas, expands health sciences with new building
- History Matters: Army Air Force aces of World War II inspired the historian in me
- LOGA President Defends $1.1-Billion Exemption
- Creating Land at the Edge of Louisiana