Get your tickets now for the most exclusive party in town hosted by KEDM ! The Director’s Gala is Saturday, March 24 at 5 p.m. at the University of Louisiana Monroe, just before the Saturday performance of Bye Bye Birdie . Call 318-342-5556 for tickets or click here . The evening begins outside Brown Auditorium in the ULM Sculpture Garden where guests will enjoy signature delicacies and dishes from the area’s best restaurants, caterers and friends of KEDM. Marsala Beverage Company , Choice...
A bill requiring the motto “In God We Trust” to be displayed in public schools passed the Senate Education Committee. The legislation by Baton Rouge Senator Regina Barrow mirrors efforts in several other southern states to have the motto displayed prominently in public schools. Barrow says young people are suffering from a lack of proper values. Barrow says the legislation was inspired by a meeting with the governor, where the talk turned to how to best prepare children for the adult world....
ULM is joining with NOAA, the National Oceanic and Administrative Administration, to study tornadoes this season. The Verification of the Origins of Tornadoes Experiment-Southeast, or VORTEX-SE, focuses on improving understanding of the unique characteristics of storms and tornadoes in the Southeast United States. The project is funded by NOAA. VORTEX-SE has brought together researchers from two dozen organizations, including ULM, to study the environmental characteristics around storms in...
- To Save Whales, Maine's Iconic Lobster Industry May Have To Change
- Fresh Air Weekend: Actor Danny Trejo; The Evolution Of Artificial Intelligence
- In Good Facebook News, This Woman Got Her Wallet Back After 50 Years
- The Week In Sports: NCAA Basketball, Minor League Baseball
- Actress Cynthia Nixon Challenges N.Y. Gov. Cuomo; GOP See Opportunity
- Bill Requring Display Of "In God We Trust" In Public Schools Passes Education Commitee
- Jonesville Girl Charged For Threatening School
- Baton Rouge Man Arrested For Brutal Murder Of His Girlfriend
- Education Causing Heated Exchanges In State Capitol
- Ville Platte Senator Files Bill To Lower Drinking Age