Ouachita Parish will vote this weekend on a tax renewal to fund the Ouachita Parish Mosquito Abatement District. The mosquito abatement scientist monitor dangerous diseases spread by insects such as Zika, West Nile and St. Louis encephalitis, Yellow Fever and others. The tax renewal generates nearly 2 million dollars per year that is used in scientific insect control and disease monitoring. The area is sprayed by trucks and airplanes when mosquito numbers meet certain criteria. The last major...
About 60-70% of teens say medicine cabinets at home are their source for drugs. Mary Barrios, healthy living coordinator at the Children's Coalition for Northeast Louisiana, encourages parents to be more responsible with prescription medications in the home. Barrios says the best way to combat prescription drug abuse is to dispose expired or unused medications. With National Prescription Take-Back Day around the corner, parents and professionals will be able to push-back against the opioid...
Lawmakers in the House were able to get just enough votes to pass a budget that cuts $650 million in spending. Now, it’s up to the Senate to determine what happens next.
- Three Shot, Including Two Police Officers, In Dallas
- In Closing, Cosby's Lawyers Call His Accuser A 'Pathological Liar'
- Asylum-Seeking Student Says Nothing Can Stand Between Him And Poetry
- Pennsylvania Supreme Court Orders Meek Mill Be Released On Bail
- Pruitt Proposes New Rule Defining What Science Can Be Used By EPA
- Police: Man Shot 5, Including Officer, During 'Crime Spree'
- Men Accused Of Slitting Dog's Throat Plead Guilty
- Louisiana Unemployment Down To 4.4%
- Senator Kennedy Calls On President To Raise Tariffs On Chinese Crawfish And Shrimp
- Education Committee Moves Measure Allowing Teachers To Pray With Students