Updated 4:30 a.m. ET Monday : In southern Georgia, near the border with Florida, severe weather turned deadly in the early hours of Sunday morning. At least 18 people were killed as the area was racked with storms, according to local officials. Gov. Nathan Deal declared a state of emergency for seven counties in the state. "These storms have devastated communities and homes in South Central Georgia, and the state is making all resources available to the impacted areas," Deal said in a...
“ The job of this task force all along was to identify and push forward those things that would make the local government whole – in lieu of the inventory tax,” said the chairman of the SCR 6 Task Force, state Senator BretAllain, at the team's final meeting last Friday. The group has been grappling with the thorny problem of inventory tax, and Allain acknowledged that they've not been able to solve it.
Latest Political News
- What Democracy Looks Like: A Video Portrait Of Inauguration Weekend
- Delusions Or Deceptions? White House 'Alternative Facts' Rile Press
- Trump Signs 3 Executive Orders, Including Withdrawal From Pacific Trade Deal
- Trump Promises Tax Cuts, Less Red Tape — So Long As Businesses Stay In U.S.
- Ethics Experts File Lawsuit Saying Trump's Overseas Interests Violate Constitution
“The best thing you can do for a stable funding for government is to have a well-balanced stool.” But when your budget – your stool -- doesn’t balance, what do you do?