Share your passion to learn new things and impact a child’s life! (CLICK HERE) To make your tax-deductible year-end gift to KEDM gives the gift of reading to children in our local public schools. Over 77 percent of public school fourth graders in Louisiana are unable to read at grade level according to The Children’s Defense Fund. The third-grade reading level is widely recognized as a key indicator of a child’s future educational success. Through KEDM’s Holiday Drive and Year End Campaign,...
The last unfinished Senate race of the election is nearly over.State Treasurer John Neely Kennedy, a Republican, is the clear favorite to become the next Senator from Louisiana, despite an eleventh-hour fundraising surge from his Democratic opponent, Public Service Commissioner Foster Campbell.Because of Louisiana's unusual "jungle primary" election laws, none of the 24 candidates vying to replace retiring Senator David Vitter won enough of the vote to win the seat outright on Nov. 8, so the...
With their report due January first, the Governor’s Task Force on Transportation Infrastructure Investment is finalizing their suggestions for reducing the state’s $13-billion backlog of road work.
- Department of Health Proposes Increased Budget
- Year-end Federal Flood Relief Falls Short For Louisiana
- All Things New Orleans: Our New Host, Dooky Chase's Political Legacy, Oil Damage To Wetlands
- Louisiana Budget Committee Focuses On $600 Million Shortfall
- Democrats Make Long-Shot Effort To Win Louisiana Senate Seat