Updated at 9:15 a.m. ET The European Commission has fined Google $5 billion for violating the European Union's antitrust rules — specifically, by forcing manufacturers of Android phones to install the Google search app and the Chrome Web browser. "Google has used Android as a vehicle to cement the dominance of its search engine," Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement. "These practices have denied rivals the chance to innovate and compete on the merits." The tech giant plans to...
In New Orleans, water touches our daily lives in many ways: the impacts of coastal land loss, buying flood insurance and just keeping cars dry when it rains. Water has shaped the city since its beginning. As the city celebrates its 300th birthday, the Historic New Orleans Collection is giving bike tours along the old “portage” route that was once a narrow strip of dry land between the river and lake.
- Behind The Campaign To Get Teachers To Leave Their Unions
- Bill Browder Doubts He'll Be Swapped To Russia For U.S. Access To Russian Agents
- Israel Passes Controversial Law Reserving National Self-Determination For Jews
- Giant Jeff Goldblum Spotted In London
- Vienna's Subway Got Hot, So They Gave Out Deodorant