Two Tensas Parish residents dead after the vehicle they were in traveled off the road and struck a ditch embankment. Last Saturday night, Louisiana State Police Troop F responded to a single-vehicle crash on LA Hwy 128 near St. Joseph. The preliminary investigation revealed a 2004 Mazda Tribute, driven by 60-year-old Charles Barnes of St. Joseph, was traveling west on LA Hwy 128 when the vehicle traveled off the right side of the road and struck a ditch embankment. After striking the...
- Biedenharn Bible Collection Brings History to Monroe
- Strauss Theatre Presents: "Smoke on the Mountain"
- LA Opera Celebrates "Valen-Gras" with Selections from "The Merry Widow"
- Celebrating Black History Month at the Northeast LA Delta African American Heritage Museum
- ULM Campus History No Longer A Mystery
Remember how happy you were as a kid to hear the distant music of the ice cream truck get louder as it drove closer to your block? Residents of New Orleans would get that feeling when they heard the song of local produce vendor Mr. Okra, who drove up and down the streets of the city, hawking his wares. "I have the mango, I have spinach, I have yellow squash, corn on the cob," he'd chant in rhythm from a PA system attached to the roof of his bright red pick-up truck. "I have eggplant, I have...