President Trump is expected to sign an executive order Wednesday that could end up shrinking — or even nullifying — some large federal national monuments on protected public lands, as established since the Clinton administration. The move is largely seen as a response by the new administration to two controversial, sweeping national monument designations made late in the Obama administration: the new Bears Ears National Monument in Utah considered sacred to Native American tribes and the Gold...
In a meeting of a Senate Judiciary Committee Tuesday, Representative Terry Landry (D-New Iberia) presented Senator Dan Claitor's (R-Baton Rouge) bill to eliminate the death penalty in Louisiana.
“ I don’t think I’ve ever seen a tax proposal in Louisiana that has drawn this much concern and criticism from a variety of different voices,” LABI's Steve Waguespack told me on Friday. And while he hasn't spoken his piece about the Corporate Activity Tax to the House Ways and Means Committee yet, more than a few lawmakers already had their fur up when Representative Sam Jones started herding the CAT tax bill through that committee on Monday.
- Bill To Abolish Death Penalty Heads to Senate Floor
- The Reading Life With Rodney Jones And Claudia Gray
- Len Apcar, Peter Kovacs, Mark Ballard on the citizen's voice in the state budget
- State Rep. C. Denise Marcelle on the legislative session
- Della Hasselle reports on claims the interstate caused flooding