Gov. John Bel Edwards presents the executive budget for the upcoming fiscal year to lawmakers this morning. " The budget proposal will be in balance," Edwards states. "It will be premised upon give-or-take a billion dollars less next year than this year. And those cuts are horrific."
It has been called a "criminal cabal" rife with corruption. It's been said that its leaders need to be taken out in "handcuffs." And its reputation, one high-placed official has charged, is "in tatters." The FBI has come under criticism before, but the ongoing barrage of allegations has left its current and former officials shaken. It also has fueled concerns that the bureau's reputation with the public could begin to crumble. "We're very concerned about the credibility of the FBI because we...
The looming fiscal cliff has dominated talks between lawmakers and the administration, but there is a regular (non-fiscal) legislative session starting in less than two months. What’s on the governor’s agenda for that?
- Trump Slaps Tariffs On Imported Solar Panels And Washing Machines
- New York Daily News Exec Investigated After Harassment Complaint
- Alan Alda Wants Us To Have Better Conversations
- What Happens When Suburban Police Departments Don't Have Enough Money?
- Government Shutdown Coming To An End After Senate Agreement