Two days into the special session, and there’s no indication of smooth roads ahead. Gov. John Bel Edwards rallied hospital and higher education groups to the Capitol Wednesday to help him convince legislators to raise revenue for next year’s budget.
The nation's opioid epidemic has been attributed to many factors, including the over-prescription of painkillers and the availability of cheap synthetic opioids like fentanyl. In Congress, lawmakers are trying to make it harder to buy fentanyl, in part by forcing the U.S. Postal Service to make it more difficult to send narcotics through the mail. But the measure has been languishing. It's not clear how many shipments of fentanyl and other narcotics arrive with the mail carrier. But what is...
Monroe Police Officer Ayrian Williams died Monday night while trying to assist her fellow officers in south Monroe. The accident happened around 6:45 p.m. when her police car attempted to avoid a road hazard on S. 8th Street in Monroe. Her vehicle left the roadway and impacted a large tree. Emergency medical personnel took the officer to St. Francis Hospital where she died due to her injuries. Williams chose to work in Monroe when she was hired on November 15, 2017. She worked in the patrol...
- Border Patrol Shooting Death Of Immigrant Woman Raises Tensions In South Texas
- Harvey Weinstein Will Turn Himself In To Police On Criminal Charges
- NTSB: Uber Self-Driving Car Had Disabled Emergency Brake System Before Fatal Crash
- 'That's A Cat!' Video Star Has Been Identified And Is Doing Fine
- Democratic Rep. Eliot Engel Reacts To Cancellation Of Planned North Korea Summit