ULM College of Business and Social Sciences hosts symposium Oct. 9-12
ULM Office of Marketing and Communications
The University of Louisiana Monroe College of Business and Social Sciences hosts the 2017 Symposium during Homecoming Week, Monday-Thursday, Oct. 9-12.
Dean Ron Berry said the sessions are open to the public and he invited anyone interested, especially businesspeople, to attend the sessions. Registration is not necessary and those who need continuing education credits can fill out paperwork at the door.
Most of the sessions last one hour and are in the Student Union Building rooms A or B or Hemphill Hall 134 or 121.
Tuesday, Oct. 10
- 2-3 p.m. — “Communicating across Generations,” Hemphill 121. Dr. Judy Diffley, retired professor, Washburn University, Topeka, Kan.
- 5:30 – 7 p.m. — Freshmen Reception, Conference Center.
Wednesday, Oct. 11
- 4-6 p.m. — College Brain Bowl, SUB.
- 6-7 p.m. — “Internship Success Panel,” SUB A. Join us to hear stories from summer interns.
Thursday, Oct. 12
All sessions in ULM Student Union Building
- 8:15-9:15 a.m., Session 1 — “Investing in Your Future,” SUB A. Danny Kyle, Senior Director of Investments Oppenheimer & Co. Inc., Chicago, Ill.
- 9:30-10:45 a.m., Session 1 — “Finding Your Way: Let Success Come Your Way,” SUB A. Darren Oglesby, President/CEO Oglesby Financial Group, Monroe. Session 2 “The Importance of Ag to our Economy,” SUB B. Bobby Skeen, Executive Director, La. Cotton and Grain Association, Monroe.
- 11 a.m. – 12:15 p.m. Session 1 — “Private Equity Investments in Financial Services,” SUB A. Jonathan Davies, Executive Vice President, Golden Gate Capital, San Francisco, Calif. Session 2 — “First Job Panel,” SUB B. Join us to hear the stories of recent graduates in their first job. Session 3 — “The Journey to Living Your Dreams,” SUB D. Council Woman Juanita Woods, Monroe.
- 1–2:15 p.m. — “Managing Personal Financial Decisions for Success,” Hemphill 134. Beta Alpha Psi.
- 6:30-7:30 p.m. — “Managing Distractions in a Connected World,” SUB A. Keynote presentation “Can I have your Attention?” with Curt Steinhorst.