Updated at 7:01 p.m. ET Florida Gov. Rick Scott declared a state of emergency in all 67 counties on Saturday in preparation for Subtropical Storm Alberto. "As we continue to monitor Subtropical Storm Alberto's northward path toward Florida, it is critically important that all Florida counties have every available resource to keep families safe and prepare for the torrential rain and severe flooding this storm will bring," Scott said in a written statement. He added, "If any Florida family...
The first real tax debate of the second special session happened Thursday in Ways and Means. After hours of discussion, visibly drained and irritated committee members passed just one tax bill and rejected a slew of others, including those supported by Gov. John Bel Edwards.
Up to four major hurricanes could form in the Atlantic this hurricane season, according to the annual forecast from NOAA's Climate Prediction Center. The Atlantic hurricane season runs from June 1 to Nov. 30. Overall, the season will likely be normal or somewhat more intense than normal, the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration says, with a 25 percent chance that hurricane activity will be below normal. Last year's hurricane season was one of the most active on record . NOAA is not...
- Ahead Of Hurricane Season, Subtropical Storm Threatens Southeast U.S.
- West, Midwest Prepare For Wildfire Season
- Kilauea Volcano Disrupts Big Island's Tourist-Dependent Economy
- 'My Third Conversion': Rev. Rob Schenck On Why He Took On Gun Control
- In 'Served Like A Girl,' Female Veterans Face Inequality In VA Support