The company that operates West Monroe's Glenwood Hospital is now part of the largest private hospital operator in the United States. Glenwood Regional Medical Center is owned by Tennessee based IASIS Healthcare. IASIS and Steward Healthcare have agreed to merge operations.
Steward operates 18 hospitals in the northeast and Florida. IASIS operates 17 hospitals and 139 clinics in 6 states. A May 2017 Wall Street Journal story reported the deal to be worth $1.9 billion dollars according to sources familiar with the deal.
The IASIS group of medical facilities will become part of Steward Healthcare. Through this transaction, Steward will operate nearly 7,500 patient beds across ten states with approximately 38,000 employees including more than 1,800 directly employed multi-specialty physicians and several thousand aligned physicians.
W. Carl Whitmer, President and Chief Executive of IASIS, said, “Since its formation nearly 20 years ago, IASIS’s mission has been to deliver high-quality, cost-effective healthcare to our patients and the communities we serve. We have accomplished this goal by investing in our growing hospitals and talented employees and by providing a broad and differentiated set of capabilities and assets to our high-growth, community-focused urban and suburban hospital markets. Steward’s innovative approach to reducing health care cost and improving quality of service will further this mission. It will be business as usual while all of us work toward a seamless merger of our operations.”
A Glenwood spokesperson says more details of the merger will be released in the near future.
IASIS Healthcare’s 18 hospitals will all be merging under Steward Health Care, including:
- Mountain Vista Medical Center (Mesa, AZ)
- St. Luke’s Behavioral Health Center (Phoenix, AZ)
- St. Luke’s Medical Center (Phoenix, AZ)
- Tempe St. Luke’s Hospital (Tempe, AZ)
- Wadley Regional Medical Center at Hope (Hope, AR)
- Pikes Peak Regional Hospital (Woodland Park, CO)
- Glenwood Regional Medical Center (West Monroe, LA)
- The Medical Center of Southeast Texas (Port Arthur, TX)
- The Medical Center of Southeast Texas – Victory Campus (Beaumont, TX)
- Odessa Regional Medical Center (Odessa, TX)
- Southwest General Hospital (San Antonio, TX)
- St. Joseph Medical Center (Houston, TX)
- Wadley Regional Medical Center (Texarkana, TX)
- Davis Hospital and Medical Center (Layton, UT)
- Jordan Valley Medical Center (West Jordan, UT)
- Jordan Valley Medical Center West Valley Campus (West Valley City, UT)
- Mountain Point Medical Center (Lehi, UT)
- Salt Lake Regional Medical Center (Salt Lake City, UT)